Efforts for home appliance recycling featured in
“Make New Magazine”
The Make New Magazine is Panasonic Corporation’s owned media which started on May 5, 2022. Based on the concept of the newly set “action word” Make New, the Make New Magazine picks up new efforts and meaningful new endeavors developing in and around Panasonic and features them in articles. This time, the roles of Panasonic Eco Technology Center (PETEC) as well as the thoughts and ideas of members engaged in home appliance recycling and resource recycling were featured and introduced in a two-part article titled ‘What is happening at the “final destination of home appliances”?’.
What is happening at the “final destination of home appliances”?
Part 1A visit to Panasonic’s recycling plant
- Where do the huge volumes of collected home appliances go?
- Large appliances are “returned to reusable resources” such as plastics and metals
- Waste appliances are a gold mine of resources?! “Treasure hunting” in recycling plants
Panasonic Eco Technology Center (PETEC)
Dismantling line for air conditioners
Dismantling line for washing machines
Part 2Thoughts and messages from members engaged in home appliance recycling
- Members working in home appliance recycling and resource recycling in Panasonic share ideas: What connects “throwing something away” and “making full use of something”?
- Sending home appliances to recycling “in a good condition” enables smooth processing in later steps
- What we can do in our everyday lives: “Discard through a proper channel”
- Receive collected home appliances with a feeling of “welcome back”
[Part 1] What is happening at the “final destination of home appliances”?
– A visit to Panasonic’s recycling plantWebsite (Japanese only)